Take the next step in your career by joining one of Australia’s fastest growing publishers and marketing agencies.
We need someone to help reign in our rapidly growing CRM and marketing tech stack, initially to help out with the transition to a new platform, and then to continue to optimise our systems and look after our data.
The role will be hands-on and you’ll spend plenty of time knee-deep in data, but you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to advise on and set our future strategic direction, as well as helping to train the team.
Who are we?
Monkey Media is a unique hybrid; we publish trade magazines and organise industry events, and we are also a marketing agency, specialising in creating content and digital solutions for companies in our niche.
We are growing quickly and were listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 for 2018.
We cover industries like utilities, infrastructure, and energy. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have much knowledge of these areas in advance, as long as you’re open to learning their hidden mysteries!
Who are you?
We need people who are multi-skilled and comfortable taking on different roles in a fast growing company.
The core skills we need are;
- You need to be super organised, calm under pressure and genuinely have great attention to detail
- We need an analytical thinker, someone who can think logically and solve problems
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using a wide range of digital marketing software and platforms
- You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person
- A can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry
- Hands on experience with;
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Mailchimp or any other bulk mailing platforms
- Excel or Google Sheets – You should be at level 5 on this chart https://i.redd.it/76xwwqkvv1k31.jpg
Experience using any of the below will be highly regarded, so make sure you let us know if you have experience with any of the following;
- Capsule CRM or Active Campaign
- WordPress websites, HTML or CSS coding
- Google Analytics
- Any other digital, software or “techy stuff” you think we should know about
What it’s really like
An average day at Monkey Media will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties;
- Mapping out one of our processes, truly understanding it, and then making it better
- Working out why the zap broke again
- Wondering why our subscribers have trouble spelling their own details, and then finding a better solution for data validation
- Explaining again to the sales team how that blue button works
- Pulling a list of everyone who is x, but not y, but only if they’re z
- You can rest assured that we won’t judge your coffee addiction. In fact, we don’t believe in limiting the amount of coffee that people can drink during the day. (Plus you can make it however you like; we provide almond milk, MCT oil, and even hot chocolate for the sugar addicts. If we’ve missed something you need just let us know. Did we mention we think coffee matters?)
- We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focused on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
But, like how many days and hours are we talking here?
Ok, this part is flexible, so let us know the hours and days you’re looking for. We probably need about 4 days, but if you meet the criteria and really want to join our team, we can find the hours that suit you.
Sounds perfect, I’m in – what next?
Please go to this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6Z5NPRH to complete a quick survey to apply.
Have your cover letter and CV ready in PDF format. In your cover letter, as well as the usual information, please answer the following question: “What is the biggest decision you’ve had to make in the past 12 months?”
If you are short-listed after this process, then we will ask you to submit a 1-2 min video. Successful applicants from here will come in to Monkey Media HQ for a face-to-face interview. Don’t worry, the process doesn’t go on forever, but we really want to get to know you before making a decision.