Take the next step in your marketing career by joining one of Australia’s fastest growing publishers and marketing agencies. We need an assistant, which means that while you won’t be running your own marketing projects yet, you’ll get great experience in a number of different tasks.
The advantage with this is you’ll never get bored and get to work across a range of marketing roles, having the opportunity to show us where your greatest skills lie. We promote quickly, so people aren’t usually ‘the new kid’ for long. Get in on the ground floor, with strong promotion opportunities in the future.
Who are we?
Monkey Media is a unique hybrid, we publish trade magazines and organise industry events, and we are also a marketing agency, specialising in creating content and digital solutions for companies in our niche.
We cover industries like utilities, infrastructure, and energy. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have much knowledge of these areas in advance, as long as you’re open to learning their hidden mysteries!
Who are you?
We need people who are multi-skilled and comfortable taking on different roles in a fast growing company.
The core skills we need are;
- You need to be super organised, calm under pressure and genuinely have great attention to detail
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using a wide range of digital marketing software and platforms
- You need some marketing flair, but you also need to be able to understand the needs of our business and the clients, so not all of your ideas will get off the ground
- You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person
- A can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry. Some long-term ambition, and a willingness to do the hard work on the way there.
- Knowledge and hands-on professional experience in
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Social media (eg running campaigns in LinkedIn Campaign Manager, or Facebook Business Manager, not just sharing pictures of your cat)
- WordPress websites, HTML or CSS coding
Experience using any of the below will be highly regarded, so make sure you let us know if you have experience with any of the following;
- Customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Excel or Google Sheets
- Active Campaign, Mailchimp or any other bulk mailing platforms
- Google Search Console
- Any other digital, software or “techy stuff” you think we should know about
What it’s really like
An average day at Monkey Media will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties;
- Running a handful of niche Google Ads and paid social media campaigns both for our clients and our own products, and testing and optimising different creative and targeting options
- Figuring out how to track user actions such as form submissions on our websites, then linking these through as conversions on our ad campaigns
- Monitoring the social media pages of our clients and scheduling posts for them and us
- Updating ours and client websites
- Pulling a list of everyone who is x, but not y, but only if they’re z
- Admin support to the sales and marketing team
- Drinking coffee with the Managing Director as you brainstorm the next big thing in marketing
- Attending events and conferences – either ones we run or one put on by someone else. Here you’ll meet industry contacts, talk to people about what we do and always be on the lookout for new clients for us
- Brainstorming a completely original slogan for a client’s new pump when that pump is not actually that different than every other pump
- You can rest assured that we won’t judge your coffee addiction. In fact, we don’t believe in limiting the amount of coffee that people can drink during the day. (Plus you can make it however you like; we provide almond milk, MCT oil, and even hot chocolate for the sugar addicts. If we’ve missed something you need just let us know. Did we mention we think coffee matters?
- We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focussed on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
But, like how many days and hours are we talking here?
Ok, this part is flexible, so let us know the hours and days you’re looking for. We probably need somewhere between two and four days, but we’ve got a couple of roles advertised at the moment, so we can move things around for the right person. If you meet the criteria and are prepared to work hard, we can find the hours that suit you. We all start as casuals, with permanent positions available after six months.
What’s it pay and when can I start?
Everyone starts on $25.50 per hour. All of our senior team started this way. If you’re worth more, come and prove it and we won’t keep you waiting long.
We’ll do interviews in the next few weeks and can have you start soon after that (but we do understand if you’re working somewhere else you’ll need time to give notice, that’s fine).
Sounds perfect, I’m in – what next?
Please go to this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6Z25MBP to complete a quick survey to apply.
Have your cover letter and CV ready in PDF format. In your cover letter, as well as the usual information, please answer the following question: “What is the biggest decision you’ve had to make in the past 12 months?”
If you are short-listed after this process, then we will ask you to submit a 1-2 min video. Successful applicants from here will come in to Monkey Media HQ for a face-to-face interview. Don’t worry, the process doesn’t go on forever, but we really want to get to know you before making a decision.