Take the next step in your writing and marketing career by joining one of Australia’s fastest growing publishers and content marketing agencies. Get in on the ground floor, with strong promotion opportunities in the future.
Who are we?
Monkey Media is a unique hybrid, we publish trade magazine and organise industry events, and we are also a marketing agency, specialising in creating content and digital solutions for companies in our niche.
We are growing quickly and have just been listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 for 2018. We’ve also recently moved into a bigger office located in Collingwood.
We cover industries like utilities, infrastructure, and energy. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have much knowledge of these areas in advance, as long as you’re open to learning their hidden mysteries!
Who are you?
We need people who are multi-skilled and comfortable taking on different roles in a fast growing company.
The core skills we need are:
- The core skills we need are:
- You must be an excellent writer, able to take any brief and weave some magic with your words
- A bit of marketing flair wouldn’t go astray either
- You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person, able to conduct interviews, front up to client meetings, and network at industry events
- A can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry. Some long-term ambition, and a willingness to do the hard work on the way there.
While specific journalist or marketing agency experience isn’t essential, it will be highly regarded.
What it’s really like
An average day at Monkey Media will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties:
- Coming in early in the morning to search the web for news stories for a particular industry
- Putting together some of our weekly newsletters (both writing and creating in MailChimp)
- Chasing some of our magazine clients to get their materials in
- Interviewing an engineer by phone on a remote solar farm in the northern territory with a bad connection and only 5-minutes to spare
- Turning that interview into gold
- Brainstorming a completely original slogan for a client’s new pump when that pump is not actually that different than every other pump
- Before you start you might make a coffee and we don’t believe in limiting the amount of coffee that people can drink during the day. (Plus you can make it however you like; we provide almond milk, MCT oil, and even hot chocolate for the sugar addicts. If we’ve missed something you need just let us know. Did we mention we think coffee matters?)
- We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focused on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
But, like how many days and hours are we talking here?
Ok, this part is flexible, we’re growing fast and probably need at least two people right now. So let us know the hours and days you’re looking for. If you meet the criteria and are prepared to work hard, we can find the hours that suit you. We all start as casuals, with permanent positions available after 6 months.
What’s it pay and when can I start?
Everyone starts on $25.50 per hour. All of our senior team started this way. If you’re worth more, come and prove it and we won’t keep you waiting long.
We’d like to do interviews and make a decision soon, with a start date at the end of April.
Sounds perfect, I’m in – what next?
To apply, please need to download our writing test from this link here
The test should take about 1 hour, and you have 72 hours from when you download it to actually submit it. Once you’ve completed the test, have a copy ready in Word or PDF format, and also keep your cover letter and CV handy. In your Cover letter, as well as the usual information, please answer the following question: “What is the biggest decision you’ve had to make in your life?”
Then proceed here to complete a short survey and upload these files. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRJQLFT
If you are short-listed after this process then we will ask you to submit a 1-2 min video. Successful applicants from here will come in to Monkey Media HQ for a face-to-face interview. Don’t worry, the process doesn’t go on forever, but we really want to get to know you before making a decision.
|Job Category||Editorial, Marketing|