Take the next step in your events career by joining one of Australia’s fastest growing publishing, event and marketing agencies. Our events are growing fast and we need more help to put them together.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating high-quality corporate events. This is a hands-on role that requires energy, attention to detail and some interstate travel.
Who are we?
Monkey Media is a unique hybrid, we publish trade magazines and organise industry events, and we are also a marketing agency, specialising in creating content and digital solutions for companies in our niche.
We are growing quickly and were listed in the Australian Financial Review’s Fast 100 for 2018.
We cover industries like utilities, infrastructure, and energy. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to have much knowledge of these areas in advance, as long as you’re open to learning their hidden mysteries!
Who are you?
We need people who are multi-skilled and comfortable taking on different roles in a fast growing company.
The core skills we need are;
- Some experience, and a strong interest in a career in events
- You need to be super organised, calm under pressure and genuinely have great attention to detail
- You must be a confident communicator; in writing, on the phone and in person
- A can-do attitude, with a genuine focus on building a long-term career for yourself in this industry
- Some long-term ambition, and a willingness to do the hard work on the way there
- A genuine team player, who can to work autonomously or in a team as needed, and who has a collaborative mindset
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using a wide range of digital marketing software and platforms
- Ideally some experience and ability in at least one of; marketing or copy writing
- Support the Event Manager with the coordination and delivery of all aspects of high-quality events; including but not limited to pre-event planning, scheduling and organisation, on-site production and post-event evaluation
- Work collaboratively with the web team to manage the event websites
- Support the marketing team as required
- Develop content for event materials and work with graphic designer to produce
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Day-to-day administration of events including placing orders, travel booking & planning, monitoring registrations, tracking RSVPs, answering questions and resolving issues
- Must be available to work onsite at events (includes occasional out of office hours or weekend and interstate travel)
Tertiary qualifications in marketing, public relations, hospitality management or business administration or some experience in a similar role
What it’s really like
An average day at Monkey Media will see you performing some, if not all, of these duties;
- Checking in with the Events Manager, who is based remotely, and liaising with the rest of our amazing team to ensure things are getting done
- Taking a call from one of our exhibitors asking a question that we feel we’ve answered a hundred times before, then taking a look at our brochures and FAQs to see if the answer could be made a bit clearer for next time
- Going through an AV quote with a fine tooth comb to ensure we have everything we need, but not more than that
- Chasing our banner supplier to get the updated pull-up banners with the new sponsor’s logo on by yesterday!
- Tracking the performance of our Google and social campaigns and tweaking where needed
- Coming up with brilliant new ways to promote our events
- Giving it your all to pull off a successful event, then relaxing for a few days knowing what a great job we all did
- You can rest assured that we won’t judge your coffee addiction. In fact, we don’t believe in limiting the amount of coffee that people can drink during the day. (Plus you can make it however you like; we provide almond milk, MCT oil, and even hot chocolate for the sugar addicts. If we’ve missed something you need just let us know. Did we mention we think coffee matters?)
- We work hard, but not crazy hours, and we’re always flexible. If you’re focused on getting a job done well, you’ll love it. If you’re looking for an easy-ride or are a clock-watcher, swipe left!
But, like how many days and hours are we talking here?
We probably need someone for about 4 days, but with the ability to ramp up when it’s busy and ramp down a bit when it’s, well, slightly less busy. But this part is flexible, so let us know the hours and days you’re looking for. If you meet the criteria and are prepared to work hard, we can find the hours that suit you. We all start as casuals, with permanent positions available after six months.
Our main events in 2020 are Digital Utilities in Sydney from 19-20 March; Smart Cities in Melbourne from 28-29 May; and Critical Infrastructure in Brisbane from 2-3 September – so you need to be available to travel to all of these.
What’s it pay and when can I start?
Everyone starts on $25.50 per hour. All of our senior team started this way. If you’re worth more, come and prove it and we won’t keep you waiting long.
We’ll do interviews in the next few weeks and can have you start soon after that (but we do understand if you’re working somewhere else you’ll need time to give notice, that’s fine).
Sounds perfect, I’m in – what next?
Please go to this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GXBRHQY to complete a quick survey to apply.
Have your cover letter and CV ready in PDF format. In your cover letter, as well as the usual information, please answer the following question: “What is the biggest decision you’ve had to make in the past 12 months?”
If you are short-listed after this process, then we will ask you to submit a 1-2 min video. Successful applicants from here will come in to Monkey Media HQ for a face-to-face interview. Don’t worry, the process doesn’t go on forever, but we really want to get to know you before making a decision.